How To Make A Superscript And Subscript In Canva is a matter of great concern to the Canva design community.
Canva is a popular online web-based graphic design tool that is enjoyed by many users.
While this tool has grown very well to provide many smart features, Canva still lacks some basic text formatting options found in other alternatives.
One of them is the ability to add Superscript And Subscript text to your designs.
This can be said to be a small drawback of Canva that needs to be overcome in the near future.
If you’re looking for ways to add text like this to your designs, read through this tutorial all the way through and practice it right after each step.
- Related article: Pros and cons of Canva Print.
- Drill already! If you are a smart person, open Canva on your computer and read the tutorial on how to make a superscript and subscript in Canva. The reason is because I want you to learn and practice every step of the way that I will guide you to ensure effectiveness.
TWO WAY TO MAKE SUPERSCRIPT AND SUBSCRIPT IN CANVA
There are two ways to format your text as superscript or subscript in Canva.
You can use Canva’s text size hierarchy or create a 3rd party superscript and subscript then paste the text into Canva
These two ways will be the most visually guided examples with pictures for you to understand and practice.
Let’s get to work!
- Related article: How to create a PDF file that can be filled on Canva.
METHOD #1: USE CANVA’S TEXT SIZE HIERARCHY TO CREATE SUPERSCRIPTS AND SUBSCRIPTS
You can create superscript or subscript on Canva manually using Canva’s text size hierarchy, which will take a bit of your time because of the alignment required between letters.
By combining two independent text fields then display as a solid unit.
How to make superscript or subscript visually with the image below.
- Related article: How to use the Eraser tool on Canva.
Once created, open the Canva font menu by clicking the “Text” tab on the left side of the screen.
Choose a font type and decide which text size to use: “Heading”, “Subheading” and “Body Text” in the font library for your purposes.
- Related article: How to create PDF files that can be edited on Canva.
Create two or 3 different text formats by clicking on your chosen font size.
After creating the text according to your purpose, resize the second text box so that the second number or letter is smaller than the first piece of text.
For some complex text like Math functions do the same for the rest of the text box.
Once you’ve entered your desired text or number then click the diagonal arrow icon at the bottom of the text box and drag it up (for superscript) and drag it down (for subscript) .
- Related article: How to increase Impressions on Pinterest.
- Pro tip: While dragging and dropping superscript or subscript texts, pay attention to the distance measure that Canva has built in. The purpose is to create uniformity between the spacing of numbers or text.
Select both or three texts by highlighting them, then move two or three text boxes together.
Once you’ve created your desired superscript or subscript then lock the text boxes by selecting “Group” and clicking on it.
The tutorial is pretty long, isn’t it? But when you do it, it only takes a few minutes.
This process depends on how long or short the text you want to make a superscript or subscripts.
- Related article: 10 ways to make money with Canva.
- Pro Tip: To create a superscript or subscript without repeating the previous steps, simply copy the metric you already have, paste it where you want it, and make the necessary changes.
The advantage of this approach is that it can create many mathematically complex upper indices.
Specifically, creating many upper index floors with Logarithmic functions
It is done! Your text will now be formatted as superscript or subscript on Canva.
- Related article: Use Canva to design meals sold on Etsy.
METHOD #2: USE A 3RD PARTY WABSITE OR TOOL
Some websites offer free indexing services like Made In Text, LINGOJAM, and FontsGenerator.
I will be using Made In Text for this tutorial.
Let’s practice together with this guide!
- Related article: Comprehensive assessment of Canva.
Visit the Madeintext website using the link here. Scroll down and click on the text field “Input your text here”
Enter the desired text or number input make a superscript or subscript
The generator will show two outputs – SUPERSCRIPT and SUBSCRIPT.
Click either result to copy to clipboard.
Let’s copy the SUPERSCRIPT output for this visual guide.
- Related article: More than 60 digital products you can sell on Etsy.
On the Canva for web designer, open the project you want to add superscript text to.
Click in the text field and place the mouse pointer where the superscript should be added and use the “Ctrl + v” key combination to paste the copied text in the clipboard.
It is done. Superscript has been added to your text on Canva.
For Subscript, the way to do it is the same as above
- Related article: How to download free music from YouTube video.
MAKE A SUPERSCRIPT WITH MS WORD IN CANVA
Go to your MS Word document, type your text in superscript characters, and copy and paste it into your design in Canva
- If you are a person who specializes in working with documents, you can also refer to reading how to edit a pdf file in Canva that we have detailed and easy to practice.
AN HONEST REVIEW ON HOW TO CREATE A SUPERSCRIPT OR A SUBSCRIPT IN CANVA
If you need to create simple superscripts or subscripts, use method #2.
If you have complex functions or multi-layered text, use method #1.
During make a superscript or subscript it is important to note this: They are usually placed slightly above or below the rest of the text, so make sure there is enough space between the text only your superscript or subscript and the rest of the text.
Remember you can always change the font size of superscript and subscript text if you need to make it stand out more
- Related article: How to blog 10 times faster than normal.